Avant Coeur Gymnastics expands its campus
Avant Coeur Gymnastics has more than doubled its size by expanding its campus from 6360 N. Sunshine St. (south of Hanley Avenue) to the former Tri-State Outfitters building at 6275 N. Sunshine St. (just east of U.S. 95).
Offering gymnastics, Ninja Warrior and ParCoeur classes for all ages, the place is open daily for classes and parties. It started in 1995 and moved into the north gym in 2000. Lisa Rennebaum is the owner.
Regular hours are 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and noon to 8 p.m. Sunday. Phone 208-772-9443. Check www.cdagym.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modern Roots opens in downtown Cd'A
Developing and creating body care with natural ingredients for sensitive, mature and acne-prone skin. Modern Roots will open Thursday at 110 N. Fourth St.
Owner-creator Meg DiMercurio and staff make patented pain-reducing balms and salves, antiwrinkles, nourishing soaps, bubble products, hair care, beard care and more. The products are based on skin cell attraction, biology and skin's acid mantel.
She owns three stores in Minnesota and one in Kalispell and ships the products where requested. Hours here at 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Check www.ModernRoots.org.
Lancaster Market coming to Rathdrum
A large combination gas station and convenience store called Lancaster Market is being built at 6308 W. Lancaster Road in Rathdrum.
Dan and Amanda Duvall will offer snacks, hot food, cold drinks and a huge selection of beer and wine when it opens in December. It will have high tops for seating. Tina Taormina will be store manager.
Metro Express Car Wash adding Hayden location
With a focus on positive customer experiences and protecting the environment, a Metro Express Car Wash is being built at 418 Frysburg Ave. in Hayden.
Bill Martin started the company in Boise in 1981, merged the company with other partners and increased to 35 locations. The runoff water is treated before it goes into the aquifers. The employees offer attention to detail through old-fashioned service.
The Hayden location will be the company's 11th in the Inland Northwest.
Major updates at Cork & Tap in Riverstone
Major changes and activities are happening at Cork & Tap at 2034 N. Main St. in Riverstone.
New owner Keith Carpenter is joining Buddy Reagan and Jean Dupin and bringing his cornhole event business to add to the place's activities. All three graduated from Kellogg High School and offer indoor and outdoor seating in rustic elegance with craft beer events, beer flights, growlers and retail beverage and wine sales. Live music is there four nights a week from 7 to 9 p.m. Wine tasting is Mondays at 4:30 p.m.
The menu includes Gentleman Sausages, locally sourced small tapas, small-plate foods, garden favorites and pizza (soon) with wine-club memberships and military discounts. Large-screen TVs for sports and league darts are there.
Hours are 3:30-9 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 3:30-10 p.m., Thursday and noon to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Follow on Facebook and www.thecorkandtapcda.com.
Sebastian's Coffee and Pastries opens
Offering roasted coffees and homemade pastries, Sebastian's Coffee and Pastries has opened at 1114 Ironwood Drive in Coeur d'Alene.
Travis White was executive chef at the Sorrento Hotel in Seattle and has been cooking and baking since he was a kid. Sebastian's has a drive-through and walk-up counter. Hours are 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Fridays.
Phone 208-551-3939. On Instagram check sebs_coffee_pastry.
Hayden Lake Physical Therapy and Aquatics is expanding
After more than 25 years in Kootenai County, Hayden Lake Physical Therapy & Aquatics is adding a new place at the corner of Highway 41 and Early Dawn in Post Falls.
The current locations are at 1450 Northwest Blvd. (office in Suite 106) in Coeur d'Alene and 1088 W. Prairie Ave. in Hayden. The Hayden place has seven private treatment rooms, a large gym and 93-degree therapy pool with two underwater treadmills. The new location will be similar with completion planned for April.
Owners are Dirk and Kathy Baird. Check www.Haydenlakept.com.
The Mill offering move-in specials
Opening later this fall, The Mill at 1705 Government Way is offering move-in specials for prospective tenants.
The four-story building has 43 apartments with amenities of a prime location, a fitness center, a community clubhouse and a roof-top deck. To check the early-bird specials, phone 208-664-5081 (Ext. 216).
The owning Widmyer Corp. announced that the main floor is completely leased to the commercial tenants of the Ten/6 restaurant, Copal Salon, Heart City Barber, Fiore Beauty & Wellness and Lia at the Lake. We'll have details of each business just before they open.
Legacy Heating & Cooling building new place in Hayden
Planning a mid-November completion, Legacy Heating & Cooling is building a new complex at 110 W. Lions Way in Hayden.
The company offers commercial heating and cooling repair, replacement, maintenance and new construction. The technological, mechanical and ecological advancements ensure customer comfort and maximum efficiency.
Also with a connection in Spokane, key people are Tony Marmon, Vince Marmon, Cathy Elliott, Barbi Cooper, Jeremy Mitchell and Josh Whitaker. Phone 208-762-2777. Check www.legacyheatingcooling.com.
Ironwood Family Practice expanding to new facility
Offering a wide range of medical, health and wellness concerns, Ironwood Family Practice will be expanding to a new facility at 3815 Schreiber Way (Suite 102). The physician-owned clinic has been at 920 W. Ironwood Drive (Suite 101) since 1986.
Services include well-child exams, behavioral health care, minor illnesses, chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure and routine health exams. Now accepting new patients, the staff includes Nina Everson, David Chambers, Timothy Burns, Geoffrey Emry, Hollie Mills, Leah Weatherly, Justin Thompson, Aaron Drapeau and (soon) Doreen Krause.
Hours are 6:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Phone 208-667-4557. Check www.ironwoodfp.com.
Hayden Surgery Center will open early 2024
Built specifically for patients with mobility problems who need orthopedic outpatient surgery, the Hayden Surgery Center is under construction at 8552 Government Way.
With state-of-the-art tools and technologies, the physicians include Jeff Lyman, Adam Olscamp, Chris Arena, Lee Stowell and Darin Plummer. The surgery center will feature a walk-in Orthopedic Urgent Care, an orthopedic clinic, a physical therapy office and five operating rooms. Patients with mobility issues can access the facility via the covered entrance.
The project is through LTA Architects of Hayden and Ginno Construction of Coeur d'Alene.
Make-A-Wish opens North Idaho location
A nonprofit charity with a mission to grant life-changing wishes to Idaho children with critical illnesses, Make-A-Wish Idaho is now open at 362 N. Herborn Place in Post Falls.
The North Idaho office offers a communal space for volunteer training and recruitment and a meeting place for regional council and board members. It provides a space where area wish families can plan their wishes and explore wish possibilities with staff and trained wish granters.
Established in 1986, last year Make-A-Wish Idaho granted 127 wishes. In Post Falls, hours are Monday through Thursday by appointment with Michelle John as regional manager. Janie Best is the Idaho president. Phone 208-513-198. Check www.idaho.wish.org.
Mathnasium of Cd'A opens on Ironwood
A math-only tutoring center, Mathnasium of Coeur d'Alene has opened at 226 W. Ironwood (Suite A6).
Craig Wilson and Lisa Coplen provide individualized instruction that is customized for each student based on a comprehensive assessment. The goal is to help students build their math skills and confidence so they can catch up, keep up and get ahead.
Hours are 2-7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 2-6 p.m. Fridays. Phone 208-600-MATH (6284). Check www.mathnasium.com/cda.
Madrone Beauty expands in Hayden
With a grand reopening and expansion event planned for 5-9 p.m. Oct. 29, Madrone Beauty has reopened in a larger facility at 157 W. Hayden Ave. (Suite 102).
Kayla Long and Ni'Chel Cooper offer facials, advanced skincare treatments, lash extensions, lash lifts and tints, brow lamination and tinting, waxing, sugaring, makeup, massage, reiki, VIP memberships and spa parties.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily with appointments on request. Phone 208-809-8009. Check www.Madronebeauty.com. Check Instagram and Facebook.
The Man Shop set for Appleway
Specializing in men's haircuts, beard trims, brow waxing and shaves, The Man Shop will have a new location at 1438 W. Appleway.
Owners are Joe and Summer Lobb and Mike Howe; assisted by Wendy Jordan, Makaila Thompson and Aimie Reyna.
Planning to open in late October or early November, the Coeur d'Alene location will be the 12th for The Man Shop. The business started in 2004 in downtown Spokane and now has 105 employees with eight locations in Eastern Washington and three in Montana.
The walk-in services include comfortable chairs, televisions, shuffleboard and '80s arcade games. Discounts include for seniors, veterans and first-responders. Hours will be 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays. Check www.themanshops.com. Another new place will be at Stateline in March.
Now the Tidbits
• Possibilities has closed on Sherman Avenue and moved to an area inside Seasons restaurant building on Lakeside.
• Offering a wide range of medical, health and wellness concerns, Ironwood Family Practice will be expanding to a new facility at 3815 Schreiber Way (Suite 102). The physician-owned clinic has been at 920 W. Ironwood Drive (Suite 101) since 1986. Hours are 6:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Phone 208-667-4557. Check www.ironwoodfp.com.
• French Cleaners has closed at 305 E. Locust Ave. after 63 years in business. Unclaimed items will be held until Nov. 7 and then donated to charity.
• Canton Asian Restaurant at 113 N. Fourth St. is renovating to become a Hula Pot restaurant in December.
• Opening later this fall, The Mill at 1705 Government Way is offering move-in specials for prospective tenants. The four-story building has 43 apartments with amenities of a prime location, a fitness center, a community clubhouse and a roof-top deck. To check the early-bird specials, phone 208-664-5081 (Ext. 216). The main floor is completely leased to the commercial tenants of the Ten/6 restaurant, Copal Salon, Heart City Barber, Fiore Beauty & Wellness and Lia at the Lake.
• The TownPlace Suites by Marriott Hotels will open in the spring where the Outback Steakhouse restaurant was in Northwood Center Court southeast of the intersection of Interstate 90 and Northwest Boulevard.
• With 100% wood-fired, Neapolitan-inspired products, Cascadia Pizza Co. is “coming soon” to Rathdrum at 8083 W. Main St. (at the corner of Mill Avenue). It should open in the spring with indoor and outdoor seating and take-out. Check www.Cascadiapizzaco.com.
• With many options for food and beverages in an elevated space and on a patio, Rooted Social House is planned for 310 N. Spokane St. in Post Falls.
• A four-story 151-room Hyatt Place Hotel is planned for the Millworx development on Fourth Avenue in Post Falls.
• Taco Bell on Hanley Avenue is closed for remodeling.
• Mountain View Business Center is offering commercial leases for flex space in the new building at 9044 W. Prairie Ave. Pacific Mechanical & Electric is one tenant. Three other spaces are available through Jeffrey Simonds of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-518-8860 or 208-765-2222.
• Yummy Crab will be in the former Golden Corral building off U.S. 95.
• Describing it as a “new product vendor mall,” Marketplace@Miles is under construction on the southeast corner of Government Way and Miles Avenue in Hayden. Spaces in a variety of sizes are available for retail vendors with additional onsite storage offered. It should open before the holiday shopping season. Information is through Commercial Real Estate Consultants at 208-691-5328 and www.marketplaceatmiles.com.
• A new facility for Bolton Law is being built at 2317 N. Merritt Creek Loop just off Northwest Boulevard on the east end of Riverstone. The new location should open in the spring. Check www.kjboltonlaw.com.
• New coffee drive-throughs will be Jitterz at 1422 Northwest Blvd. and Wake-Up Call at Cherry and U.S. 95. Watch for other changes also at Cherry and U.S. 95.
• Watch for a change of occupant at 245 W. Bosanko.
• A third location for Riverstone Dental Care is being built at the intersection of Ramsey Road and Prairie Avenue. Planning to open at the end of the year, it will join the company’s current locations at 2344 N. Merritt Creek Loop in Coeur d’Alene and 3095 E. Mullan Ave. (Suite 400) in Post Falls. Phone 208-676-8500. Check www.riverstonedental.com.
• Three suites are available in a new building at 2420 Government Way. Ranging from 898 to 915 square feet, each unit is a shell with a fully finished bathroom with tenants finishing the balance of the space. For information, contact Danny Davis of Coldwell Banker Commercial Real Estate at 2000 Northwest Blvd. Phone 208-765-2222.
• Commercial spaces on the first floor and 24 apartments on the second and third floors are planned for a new Appleway Quarter building planned for 281 E. Appleway (behind the existing Wellness Bar and Hometown Chiro building). Three of the four spots are temporarily reserved on the first floor with 5,000 square feet remaining. The apartments will include 16 two-bed, two-bath units and eight one-bed one-bath, all with access to a third-floor barbecue sun deck and private gym. Construction should start this year with completion in fall 2024. Contact Chad Oakland of Northwest Realty Group at 208-664-4200 or www.northwestrealtygroup.com.
• The Wellness Bar has opened a new location in Riverstone. It offers cold, pressed juices, acai bowls, smoothies, ginger shots and more at a shop next to the Culinary Stone, 2133 N. Main St., Coeur d’Alene. Hours are Monday to Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and weekends 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Info: www.niwellnessbar.com
• Selkirk Sport will relocate its pro shop from 12037 N. Tracey Road in Hayden to 7878 Government Way later this year.
• Huetter Business Park, which is three flex industrial and office buildings owned by Etco Services, will open in late fall on Huetter Road north of I-90 and Seltice Way. About 8,600 square feet and yard space are available in each building through leasing agent Jeffrey Simonds of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-518-8860.
• Many commercial construction projects are happening between Stateline and Post Falls. Here’s a list of the places. To see more precise locations, check the www.inlandnwbusiness.com website by Matt Behringer. The new places don’t include a Trader Joe’s or a Costco although many people wish they did. The businesses listed include a Circle K gas station and convenience store, Napa Auto Parts, Wendy’s, The Joint Chiropractic and The Man Shop, Gesa Credit Union, Nutex Post Falls Emergency Hospital, Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen, Dutch Bros. Coffee, Taco Bell and Thai Bamboo. Other new buildings will include apartments, condos, warehouses and storage spaces.
• The children’s activity center Make It Messy and the marine construction company R&R Northwest is opening in a new building at 1857 W. Hayden Ave. Make It Messy is a blend of an arts and crafts space, sensory play and activities such as at a children’s museum. People of all ages can express themselves creatively, expand their imaginations and stimulate their senses. It can host birthday parties or private family events through owner Heather Gillis. Hours will be 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. weekdays, 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Check www.makeitmessycda.com. R&R Northwest and founder Brandon Richardson are booking projects for summer 2024. Check www.rrnorthwest.com.
• A new ambulatory surgery center is under construction by Northwest Specialty Hospital at 1624 E. Mullan Ave. directly east of its main campus at 1593 E. Polston Ave. in Post Falls. The 9,600-square-foot place will be used for surgeries that don’t require overnight stays and will have two outpatient surgery rooms with options for future expansion. It should open in early 2024. Phone 208-262-2300. Check www.nwsh.com.
• With buildings of 168,000 and 238,000 square feet, The Pointe at Post Falls should be complete in October on North Beck Road and Pointe Parkway. Zoned industrial, the buildings have deck-high loading doors and eight ground-level drive-in doors. Check Darren Slackman for lease rates at email@example.com. Phone 509-622-3593.
• New buildings for Idaho Guns & Outdoors and Hayden Sharp DDS are being built in the Athol Crossings complex east of U.S. 95 in Athol. They are joining several other new places with the key business of Super 1 Foods.
• A new Marriott Hotel will evidently be built downtown.
• A Gates Dental building will be at 2208 N. Merritt Creek Road.
• With 16 luxury apartments on floors 2 and 3 and an Akamai Coffee Co. on the ground floor, the Midtown Centre Apartments building should be complete soon at 821 N. Fourth St. The contact is John Beutler of Century 21 Realty at 208-765-5554.
• Two 1,550-square-foot suites with 2,500-square-foot shop areas will be available for lease in Anderl Plaza under construction at 8512 N. Wayne Drive in Hayden. For information, contact Hayden Anderl at 208-964-0234.
• U-Haul Self-Storage will be at Seltice Way and Herborn in Post Falls. Make-A-Wish Idaho is new at 362 N. Herborn.
• Lake Forest Interior Design at 9245 Government Way is under construction in Hayden.
• A commercial building with three suites is being constructed at 9041 N. Hess St. (just north of Walmart) in Hayden. The suites of 1,100 square feet each can contain retail or office places with easy access and visibility to U.S. 95. Contact Josh Beebe at Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty at 208-699-7980.
• The neighboring Anthem Corners project has one of the three suites leased with two units available. They can be combined for a 3,920-square-foot unit. Contact Joel Johnson of Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller at 208-771-6068.
• The Lighthouse Motel is being renovated at 2018 Sherman.
• A large building planned to open in late summer or fall at 851 Fourth Ave. (at Idaho Street) in Post Falls will be called Kindred & Co. with books, home goods and a bistro.
• Spoon Junkie or Rogue Carnivore evidently will be a new place at 400 N. Fourth St.
• Phase I of the new Kinder Prep Learning Center is under construction at 1847 W. Prairie Ave. The curriculum promotes hands-on, sensory and play-based learning experiences for ages 18 months to 5 years old in an environment that is nature-themed and community-driven. For information on pre-enrollment, check www.kinderpreplearningcenter.com. Phone 208-916-0265.
• A medical office will be at 909 W. Canfield.
• A 20,000-square-foot structure called Prairie Professional is under construction on the north side of the intersection of Prairie Avenue and Ramsey Road. The office building to be completed in December will have suite sizes from 2,200 to 10,000 square feet available. The main tenant will be Riverstone Dental Care. For information on the space available, contact Rob Kannapien of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-704-3832 or E-Fax 208-515-2385.
• Golden Rule Brake is coming to 3826 E. Seltice Way (near the intersection of Highway 41 and I-90) in Post Falls.
• Watch for Prime IV Hydration & Wellness to be in Ironwood Square.
• The Thomas George building planned for the corner of Third Street and Front Avenue will be 18 stories mixed with commercial places on the first floor and 60 condominiums above.
• Kimes Ranch and Wrangler are western-wear stores that will be coming into the Silver Lake Mall.
• Many of the 16 commercial spaces are available in the planned Prairie Crossing Shopping Center on the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
• The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave. All four commercial units are leased.
• An automotive service center will be built at 185 W. Clayton Ave.
• “Coming Soon” signs in Hayden are for Dirty Bird Self Car Wash and a Consign Furniture.
• A new commercial and residential building, Midtown Centre, is being built at 821 N. Fourth St.
• A DOMA Coffee Roastering Co. will be on the over-the-river side of a development being built where the end of Atlas Road meets the Spokane River.
• Pilgrims Market will expand to a building across the street.
• A new pizza place will be in the former Syringa building on Fourth Street.
• • •
Kootenai County — Nils Rosdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benewah, Bonner, Boundary and Shoshone counties — Maureen Dolan at email@example.com